This is a cover page from PM Laurent Lamothe's Facebook page. Click on the picture and you can visit his page.
Under this picture are comments. They range from complimentary to insulting.
Usually I don't have much to say about things like this but as I looked at this picture, before I read the comments I had a few thoughts.
1. Wow looks pretty.
2. It looks like some houses in Europe.
3. I wonder if the paint was paid for by the Haitian government.
4. My first thoughts about Haiti when I got there was that they needed a million gallons of paint to brighten up the place. I was glad to see someone else had the same thought.
5. Bright colors lighten everyone's spirits. That's nice.
6. Some of my friends in Haiti live in houses that look just like this without paint.
7. When the earthquake hit Haiti, many of these "kinds" of homes fell down the sides of the mountains.
8. My friend Annie could make these houses safe with her building methods. How can I help her promote her building system?
9. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone that lived in these homes had running water and waste water treatment?
10. How much does one of these homes cost to buy?
11. Can I buy one of these homes?
12. Is it a positive move to brighten up the mountain side without addressing the safety issue?
13. No one must own a car because it looks to me like you must walk into that neighborhood.
14. Is this the same mountain side that I took a picture of? And even if it wasn't doesn't it look much better than it use to?