Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's a bunch of crocs!



As I was leaving my sisters new home last week I saw a pair of crocs sitting by the garage door. My first thought was, "My sister wears crocs?!!!???!" I just couldn't believe that. She's just not the croc type of woman. Seeing those crocs prompted me to tell her to make sure she recycles them and not to just pitch them in the garbage can when she was tired of them or she thought they were worn out.


She didn't know what I was talking about... so I told her.

Go HERE to find a place which will take your old crocs.


Or send them to:
crocs recycling - west3375 enterprise ave.bloomington, CA 92316
crocs recycling - east1500 commodity blvd.lockbourne, OH 43137


Now you may be asking why in the world wouldn't I just put them in the local Goodwill box? And If you've been following my blogs at all, you know I LOVE Goodwill... so why not just donate them there?


Here's why.


First you wear your crocs shoes until the tread becomes worn and they reach their end-of-life.
Then you share your old crocs by donating your worn-out crocs shoes at participating retail locations.


Next they get recycled
The once worn-out crocs footwear are received, they are sorted, ground up and made into new SolesUnited recycled shoes.


The recycled shoes are loaded into containers and are picked up at the warehouse by our shipping partners, who then send them to approved non-profit organizations around the world.

Would you like to see where some shoes got some action?



Partners In Health (PIH)






Now after watching that video, I feel so much better about my sister wearing crocs. I hope that you too will remember what to do when your crocs are worn out.





No comments: