Thursday, October 2, 2008

Water seems to always be the topic of conversation!



WATER.

I write so often about water! My grandfather who was born in 1896... Picture above, standing proudly in the Army during WWI, worked as a water driver. He drove water to the front lines during the war. Grandpa Smith knew how important water was. After the war, he homesteaded property in the Midwest. I was just a child and remember him telling about "witching water". He believed he was a dowser and many of the people within 3 counties called upon his services to locate water on their property. On his little 20 acres he drilled a well, the deepest well in the county. He would say "this water comes from Mississippi bedrock". Now I don't know if it did or didn't but I still drink from that very same well drilled many years ago. It's good water!

Grandpa was an old man and I found him quite silly many times in my life, particularly when he said, "Mark my words someday you'll be paying to drink water."
Yes indeed grandpa I now pay for my water.

I've written about the lack of water, dirty water, flooding waters and now I write about a lake full of water.

This lake is rising. Rising at an alarming pace. It's not just the most recent rain that has caused this problem. It has been on the rise for a few years. Is there ANYONE out there that can help? Can ANYONE offer some suggestions? The houses below, just a couple of years ago did not have water flowing in their front doors. There is NO WAY to move the houses. Soon the lake will overcome many homes. The homes will be lost.




If you or anyone you know can shed some light on this issue, if you or anyone you know can do something about this issue, please contact me.

If you can't do anything about the water, you can pray. Pray the UN adds this issue to their list of operations before the houses are swallowed up by the lake.

Please contact Sherry or myself if you can offer any help.

No comments: