Friday, November 14, 2008

Real Hope

Each of us has had the experience of being in a desperate situation. Think back to when you believed you were at the end of your rope.

"THE END" is subjective. Everyone sees their situation differently. What I might consider "the end of my rope" is not necessarily what you would see as "the end". Pain, emotional or physical pain is perceived differently by every person on this earth. That is what makes us all different. I know of children who have been abandoned by both of their parents, either by death or choice. Yet those children are able to continue on with their life.
At one point in my life I was sure that life as I knew it, was coming to an end. My grandmother told me, "When you think you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot at the end and hang on a little tighter."

At the time I thought she had no idea how simple that sounded. Today, years later, I appreciate just how good her advice was. I've tied that knot at the end of my rope several times. Sometimes I've actually tied that rope around my wrist so when I got tired of hanging on, the rope would just do the work for me and I could rest and gather my strength to hang on a little longer.

I challenge everyone who reads my blog to think about the people in their life who are your rope. The ones you go to when you need some support. The people who know how to make you feel better when you are desperate. This group knows how to help others when they are at the end of their rope.






More pictures to join this honorable group as soon as I get my Internet working!

No comments: