Thursday, April 9, 2009

Caribbean Children's Foundation


Once in a while, I am listening. Occasionally I am quiet enough to hear God talk to me. Today is one of those days.

Psalm 37:7 (New Living Translation)
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.

I wrote very briefly about Nora one other time. Her work merits more than a half of a paragraph. Again, I want to say I don't know her and she doesn't even have a clue who I am. You can find her blog here and on this page you will see some of the faces of the children who are helped by her foundation.
She is one of my heros and she doesn't even know it. If you read her blog long enough you will see she has the patients of Job. Goodness where does that saying come from?

Job's story, told in the Old Testament is that of a God fearing man who suddenly found himself in a succession of events that brought terrible loss, with lasting distress and severe affliction. A bunch of disasters which striped him of goods, children and health, yet he remained faithful to God. Later it is revealed that it was a test of his faith. But because of his steadfast faithfulness, Job is blessed by God and he becomes more prosperous than ever before.

That's Nora and the Caribbean Children's Foundation! They proudly declare on their web page...

The "Children of Israel" Orphanage (of Les Cayes, Haiti) is currently drawing up plans for a permanent orphanage that will house both the boys and the girls. The Izidor family is waiting on the Lord for funds to make this permanent home a reality.

I will continue to pray for their permanent orphanage. It's hard for me to read that when it rains the boys must move to a safer place to sleep and the girls live in three rooms of the school.

I will continue to pray YOU the supporters will be quiet and listen to the Lord. Shh... listen and HE will tell you how to help...

...this is what HE told me

No comments: