Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!!!!

How on earth could I have missed the opportunity to share with you my birthday?  Well here it is.  This is my intermediate class in Port au Prince (Delmas) Haiti.  I'm taking a video with my camera pointing at my computer screen.  You can see my shadow but more important, you can see just how suprised I was!

It is Elie who is reading the "Birthday Card" for me, but it is the whole class singing.  Enjoy! 


I know today is a red letter day for you and you may trust me if I tell you we feel the same.  Today is not only a day that God preserves but also a day that He did a miracle. Thank goodness that we have met that first teacher and we can not exchange that day for anything.  I know you know my hands can’t reach you but my words can reach your heart. In the world there are many different ways to say that you love some one but here is a different way …. And there are many different languages in which you can wish Happy Birthday to some one but mine is in Creole, Bon fet.

Does it sound cliché to say, my life has been changed because of this class?  Even if it does...it has.

No comments: