Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What does God want me to do?

I have been wrestling with some options in my life for a couple of years. It has not been easy. I spend a fair amount of my free time (and time I should be working) wondering... how will I know what God wants me to do?

Such a tuff question for me.

I think the answer is so simple it should smack me in the face, but it's not. Doesn't God want me to become the best person I can be and make great contributions to the world around me? To do that I need to know my true self. God knows the path I will take in life. God is my creator, my friend and my father. He wants to tell me His plan for my life.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

My children are raised and gone. I've been waiting and waiting. I want to hear God tell me... You have the freedom and wisdom and time to do My work.

I'm listening God. Please talk to me.

No comments: